Ready : 40h mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 30 mins]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : Boil/Saute
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Another One-pot Hearty Satisfying Noodle Dish”
Another one of The VianD’s quick simple dish. “Egg Soup Noodles”, prepare exactly the same way as “Macaroni Egg Soup” (click for detail), but with different noodles which has a completely different texture. The VianD used the typical Chinese dried eggs noodles. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Egg Soup Noodles (Top with Pork Strips)“.
- Dried Noodles, Eggs, sliced Ginger, Cabbage and Tung Choy.
- Pork strips – marinated with Salt, Sugar, Oyster sauce, White pepper, a dash of Sesame oil, Cornstarch and Shaoxing wine.
- Salt, Sugar, a dash of Sesame oil, white pepper. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by the Pork-strips, set aside.
- Step 2 : Boil the Noodles, till Al dente – abt 10-15 mins (time will vary vastly from different kind of Dried noodles). When done, drain and ran thru cold tap water to stop from continuing cooking and washing off the excess starch. Set aside.
- Step 3 : Meanwhile, saute some chopped Garlic till aromatic, add the Pork strips in medium heat. Depending on preference, saute for 5-8 mins. Set aside.
- Step 4 : Meanwhile, saute some chopped Garlic and sliced Ginger till aromatic. Crack a few Eggs. Break it up into bite size. Add water and Tung Choy, bring to a boil on high heat, give it a min or two. Add Cabbage into the soup. bring to boil the turn the heat to medium/low and simmer till Cabbages soften – abt 5 mins. Transfer the Noodles into the soup. Add all the Seasoning Ingredients. Viola.., ur pot of healthy “Egg Soup Noodles (Top with Pork Strips)” is ready. Top with the Pork-strips and serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved