Ready : 60 mins [Prep : 30 mins † Cooking : 35 mins † Excluding Marinating Time]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : Bake
Level : Moderately Easy
Idle : 40-60 mins Printable Recipe.
“Classic Crispy Skin Succulent Roast Chicken”
Roast Chicken is probably the ultimate comfort food on the western food staple. Really quite simple to prepare, simply marinate the chicken overnight and then pop it into a 220°C preheated oven. Now, the hard part is keeping the chicken’s meat moist and juicy on the inside with crispy skin on the outside. Here is where experience counts; timing and temperature control. So, try, try, try and try again ! Here’s The Viand’s take on “Roast Chicken Thigh”.
- Full Chicken Thighs.
- French Beans, Sweet Peas. Potatoes, Onion, Tomatoes – all cut to block. A few cloves of Garlic – smashed. Could be any hard-greens of your fancy.
BUTTER SMEAR :
- Butter and minced Garlic to apply on the Chicken just before roasting.
- Salt, Sugar, Black Pepper, Bay Leaf, Rosemary and Thyme. A dash of Black Soy, just for coloring. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by marinating the Chicken Thighs with all the Marinating Ingredients – overnight. Mix well, rub it in.
- Step 2 : Make sure the Chicken is at room temperature (out of the Fridge for at least an hr) b4 baking. U also need some butter at room-temperature.
Mix the Butter with minced Garlic to a paste. Apply all the Chicken. Gently work the paste under the skin, making sure not to tear the skin – this’ll keep the meat moist and juicy with CRISPY skin !!.
Add all the Onion, Tomatoes and Garlic to the chicken in a roasting pan – mix well. Pop into a pre-heated oven @ 220C for about 40 mins to an hour – depending on the heat and size of the Chicken Thigh.
To test if the Chicken is cooked thru, simply pierce the thickest part of the Chicken with a skewer, clear oozing juice, means the Chicken is done.
- Step 3 : Boil a pot of water and blanch the chunky Potatoes, French beans and Sweet Peas. Add a pinch of Salt. Obviously, start with the harder ones first – Potatoes, for abt 10 mins. Then add the French Beans and Sweet Peas, for another 2-3 mins. Remove from the water and quickly dump into ice water or run it thru cold water to stop it overcooking. Drain and set aside.
The VianD like to oven-grilled the Side Vegetables a little with a little butter, Salt and Black pepper and Thyme. Give it a few toss. Simply pop it into the Oven together with the Chicken (when the Chicken is almost done) for abt 5 mins – this will give it a Rusty look and enchant the flavors.
- Step 4 : When the Chicken is done, remove from the sauce and rest for at least 15 mins b4 serving.
Meanwhile, blend the sauce and sieve to get a perfect thick sauce.
Plate with the Side Ingredients and serve with sauce.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved