Ready : 30-35 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 25 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : Saute/Simmer
Level : Easy
Idle : 15 mins Printable Recipe.
“Hallmark Of S.E.A. Flavorful Spicy Chicken Dish”
“Curry Chicken” is a common delicacy in South East Asia. Try figuring this – Is it “Curry Chicken” or is it “Chicken Curry” ?? “Hmmnn..”, isn’t it?? 😁 Anyway, again; there are probably endless versions; ranging from countries to regions and hell, even households (Click here for a Dry version of Chicken Curry (Rendang)). Here’s The Viand’s take on “Curry Chicken“ which is neither too watery nor too dry. *smile* That’s the way, The VianD likes it !!.
- Chicken – chopped to bite size. Curry Masala, block Potatoes, sliced Onion and finely chopped Garlic.
Undoubtedly, it would be much better if U blend the Curry Masala from fresh but it would be a hassle. Here’s an easy way out. This pre-mixed paste is very good (U should be able to get them at most Supermarket) – without the hassle.
- Salt and Sugar. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by sauteing the Potatoes, Onions and Garlic till aromatic.
- Step 2 : Add the Curry masala. Mix well and saute on medium heat till oil separates to the top – abt 3-5 mins. Add water, bring to boil then turn the heat down to simmer for abt 10 mins. This will give the Potatoes a head start in cooking bcos Potatoes takes much longer time to soften.
- Step 3 : Then turn the heat back up, mix in the Chicken, bring to boil. Lower the heat and simmer for another 10-15 mins till Potatoes soften and sauce thickens slightly. Add the Seasoning Ingredients and ur pot of flavorful aromatic delicious “Curry Chicken” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved