Ready : 30 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 20 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : DeepFry/Saute/Simmer
Level : Easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Chicken Infused With Aromatic Salted-Fish”
Salted Fish Chicken is very much like Claypot Salted Fish Pork-belly. Click here for “Claypot Salted Fish Pork Belly (Ham Yee Fa Lam Po). Simply substitute the Pork-belly with Chicken (even though, the Pork belly dish is very much drier). The aromatic Salted Fish infusion into the Chicken is simply divine. Slow braised in a “Clay-pot”, the gravy goes really well with a bowl of white rice and simply makes everything else more appetizing! Here’s The Viand’s take on “Claypot Salted Fish Chicken“.
- Chicken – chopped to bite size.
Onion -cut to triangular, slightly smashed Ginger, chopped Garlic and sliced Red Chili, dried Chili and sliced Salted Fish.
- Sugar, Salt, White pepper, Oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine, Dark-soy (for coloring) and a dash of Sesame oil. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by deep frying the Chicken, just for a 5-mins (not cook).
- Step 2 : Heat up a Claypot with some oil (any pot/pan/wok is fine). Saute the Salted Fish till golden brown and aromatic. Dish out to drained off excess oil. Set aside.
With the same oil, saute the rest of the Ingredients (except sliced Red Chilli) till aromatic. Add Chicken and a dash of Dark soy sauce and mix well and saute while till Chicken kinda turn whitish.
- Step 3 : Add water (just abt covering half of the Chicken) and bring it to a boil. Turn heat to medium/low and simmer till Chicken tender and sauce thicken. Add Salted Fish, sliced Red Chilli and all the Seasoning Ingredients. Give a few quick stirs and mix well. That’s it ! Your pot of aromatic mouth-watering “Claypot Salted Fish Chicken” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved