Ready : 20 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 15 mins]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : Saute/Mix&Toss
Level : More Than Easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Absolutely Aromatic Delicious Pasta Dish”
Someone once said this “Spaghetti is like sex, when it is good, it’s really good, and when it’s bad… it’s still pretty good“.. LoL Well, couldn’t agree more. What is there left to say, right? *smile* Maybe, a little introduction – Spaghetti Aglio e Olio is basically, spaghetti toss with garlic oil and is a traditional Italian pasta dish, originated from Napoli. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Spaghetti Aglio e’ Olio“ – tweaked in more than one way.
- Spaghetti – the VianD’s preference.
- Lots of finely sliced Chinese Parsley/Scallion, lots of sliced Garlic and Dried Chillis.
- Lots of coarsely grounded Black peppers, Salt and a pinch of Sugar. Optional – a touch of Oyster sauce and a dash of Light Soy. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by boiling the Spaghetti – till al dente (an Italian phrase meaning “to the tooth,” used to describe pasta or other food that is cooked only until it offers a slight resistance when bitten into, which is not soft or overdone). Abt 10 mins. Remember, soggy pasta is bad pasta !!!
- Step 2 : Meanwhile sauté the Sliced Garlic and Dried Chillis with lots of oil Golden-brown and aromatic – abt 5 mins.
- Step 3 : When the Pasta is done, transfer (fish out with a kitchen Tong) directly into the Pan of nicely sauteed Garlic. Turn the heat to low. Stir and give it a few toss to mix well. Add in the rest of Side Ingredients. Add Seasoning Ingredients. Toss and mix well. There U go.., ur plate of delicious “Spaghetti Aglio e’ Olio” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved