Ready : 40 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 30 mins † Not Inclusive Of Marinating Time]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : DeepFry
Level : Easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Unique Pungent Wine Enhanced Fried Chicken”
Chinese fried chickens are generally marinated in a spicy batter and deep-fried quickly in peanut oil, resulting in succulent chicken meat that is brown and crispy on the outside but tender and juicy on the inside. You can almost add any flavor you like (during marinating – obviously, with a little bit of culinary sense); simply authenticate the simplicity and flexibility of the dish. Marinade the chicken for at least a couple of hours or better still, overnight. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Nam Yue Fried Chicken (with Fermented Red Bean Curd)“.
- 2 full Chicken thighs – chopped to bite size.
- The all-important ingredients, Fermented Red Bean Curd.
- And a little Flour, it provides a thin layer of crunchy coating. Plus it helps to preserve the tenderness and succulent of the Chicken meat.
- Light Soy, Sesame oil, Shaoxing wine, finely chopped Garlic/Ginger, Salt, Sugar and White Pepper. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by marinating the Chicken with all the Marinating Ingredients – for at least a couple of hrs or better still overnight.
- Step 2 : Heat up a pot of hot oil till smoking. Turn heat down to medium. Add the Chicken piece by piece, do not over-crowd (do in batches if needed). Deep-fry till Golden-red and crispy outside – abt 3-5 mins, depending on the heat and the size of the Chicken. Transfer out to a metal rack to drain off excess oil. Ur delicious “Nam Yue Fried Chicken (with Fermented Red Bean Curd)” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved