Ready : 30 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 20 mins]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : Boil/Saute
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Macaroni – The Chinese Way”
Now, this is a true VianD’s creation! Younger days when not feeling too well; Granny used to prepare an “Egg Soup noddles” dish just for me. A kind of dried Chinese “hollow” noddles, called “Tong Sum Fun” – anyone heard of it?? Ha ha.. Hell, even Google can’t help! Maybe, these noodles are no longer in production, so – The VianD substituted the “Tong Sum Fun” with macaroni and VIOLA..!, we have “Macaroni Egg Soup” ! The texture of the macaroni may be a little different from the original (kinda slippery/starchy texture) but “hollow” it is! Ha ha… Well, it sure fooled my beloved mom !!! Here’s The Viand’s take on “Macaroni Egg Soup (Top With Pork Strips)”.
- Macaroni, Tung Choy, sliced Ginger, Scallion and Parsley for garnishing. Cabbage and Eggs.
Pork strips. Pork strips marinated with Salt, Sugar, Oyster sauce, White pepper, a dash of Sesame oil, Corn starch and Shaoxing wine.
- Salt, Sugar, White Pepper, Sesame oil and Oyster sauce. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by boiling the Macaroni till Al dente – abt 10 mins. When it’s done, drain and set aside.
- Step 2 : Meanwhile saute the Pork strips with chopped Garlic in medium heat till aromatic – abt 5 mins. Set aside.
- Step 3 : Preparing the Eggs Soup. Saute Ginger Slices and chopped Garlic till aromatic. Crack the Eggs directly into the Wok. Break it up a little. Add water and bring to boil. Add Tung Choy and Cabbage, bring to boil. Simmer for 5/10 mins or till Cabbages soften.
- Step 4 : Mix the Macaroni into the soup, making sure there are drained off excess water properly. Add all the Seasoning Ingredients. Ladle into a serving bowl, top with the Pork strips. Viola.., ur bowl of delicious “Macaroni Egg Soup (Top With Pork Strips)” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved