Ready : 20 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 10 mins]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : Boil/Mix
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Noodles Topped With Diced Lean-pork Sauce”
Plain clean typical Chinese Egg Flour Noodles topped with finely diced lean pork sauce. Easy to prepare and makes a very fulfilling afternoon lunch. Now, here is a fact for you: “Hakka Cuisine is quite popular in certain region of India” (well, more of an adaptation of the original Hakka dishes). Now, get a load of this, there is actually a famous Indian’s version of “Hakka Mee”, ahaha… (bet you didn’t know that, huh ?) which is very different from the Chinese’s version or the version presented here ! Here’s The Viand’s take on “Hakka Mee“.
- Egg Noodles, Diced Onions, Diced lean Pork (Hand-diced the pork to small cube, not minced), Bean Sprouts, chopped Garlic, Ginger, Tung Choy (preserved Veggies) and Tai Tau Choy (preserved salted radish).
- Salt, Sugar, Sesame oil, Oyster sauce, White pepper and Thai Fish sauce. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by preparing the base sauce. In individual serving plate – add Oil, Sesame Oil, Black/Light Soya sauce, White Pepper and Sugar. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Poach the Bean Sprouts (for a minute or so). Set aside.
Boil the noodles till Al Dente. It’s ready when it starts to float – abt 3-5 mins. Ran the cooked Noodles with cold water to stop it from continue cooking and getting rid of excess starch.
- Step 3 : Preparing the diced pork. Saute the Chopped Onion, Garlic and Ginger till aromatic. Add the Diced Pork and saute till aromatic. Add water and bring to boil. Add Tung Choy/Tai Tau Choy. Bring to boil and simmer down to a slightly thicker sauce. Add all the Seasoning Ingredients.
- Step 4 : Mix the Noodles with the base sauce in an individual plate, mix well. Top with the diced pork and ur plate of simple delicious “Hakka Mee” is ready to be served hot.