Ready : 60 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 50 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : Braise
Level : Moderately Easy
Idle : 45 mins Printable Recipe.
“Delicious Appetizing Falling Off The Bone Ribs”
There is probably countless version of Pai Kuat Suen (Sweet And Sour Pork Ribs). In fact, The VianD has posted a version earlier, called “Braised Sweet And Sour Pork Ribs” – click here for the recipe. This is an attempt to recreate my beloved mom’s signature dish. Mom used to cook this dish during most festive celebrations. While the recollection of this dish is vague, the outcome, well.. close but not close enough, I think !! *smile* Actually, not too bad as the family even finished off the sauce !!! Ahaha.. Anyway, here’s The Viand’s take on “Pai Kuat Suen (Sweet And Sour Pork Ribs)“.
- Pork Ribs – cut to bite size.
Sliced Ginger, Scallion, Chilli and Tomatoes of any kind. Slightly smashed Shallot and Garlic. Tamarind Paste mixture.
- Salt, Sugar, Sesame oil, Shaoxing wine and Oyster sauce. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by seasoning the Ribs with Salt, Sugar, White Pepper and Shaoxing Wine. Then sear/brown the Pork Ribs in high heat. Make sure all sides are brown properly. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Saute the Ginger, Garlic and Shallot till aromatic. Add the tomatoes and saute further. Sauteing the Tomatoes will give U tat appetizing look reddish oil.
If U wanna spice up the Dish a little and give some kick, U can add some dried chillis at this juncture.
- Step 3 : Add the Ribs, give a few quick stir to incorporate everything together. Add water and bring it to a boil, simmer till Ribs soften and sauce thicken – abt 45 mins (depending on the heat and the size of the Ribs).
Add all the Seasoning Ingredients and ut plate of delicious “Pai Kuat Suen (Sweet And Sour Pork Ribs)” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved