Ready : 40 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 30 mins]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : Boil/Bake
Level : Easy
Idle : 20 mins Printable Recipe.
“Crispy Cheese Top, Creamy On The Inside”
Seems that Macaroni and cheese has a strong association with the British and American. Surprise? Well, so was The VianD ! Always though it was an Italian thingy..ahaha. Apparently, it was recorded in an English cookbook as early as in the 14th century !! Also known to be the American comfort food and some believe the dish was created by founding father Thomas Jefferson. Interesting it may be, but there are probably hundreds of different version of this dish out there. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Macaroni And Cheese”.
- Macaroni, Shredded Cheese, Butter, coarsely grounded Black Pepper, chopped Onion, Parsley, Shallots, Garlic, and Sliced Bacon.
- Salt, Sugar and Black Pepper. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by boiling the Macaroni to just a little less Al-Dante, cos U still need to bake. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Saute the Bacon strips (cut into 1/2 inch), Onion, garlic till golden brown and aromatic.
- Step 3 : Mix in the Macaroni, lots of cheese, chopped Parsley and Shallots and a little cooking cream (optional). Add the Seasoning Ingredients. Mix well. Transfer in containers. Packed tightly.
- Step 4 : Top with more Cheese, lots of them, pop into a pre-heated Oven @ abt 200C till the cheese melt and brown – abt 15 mins. Viola, your “Macaroni And Cheese” is ready !!!
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved