Ready : 15 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 10 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : Steam/Fry
Level : More Than Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Ridiculously Simple But Delicious Dish”
A very simple and yet delicious dish. The VianD has not seen or tasted this dish anywhere but at the Bukit Tinggi BBQ Restaurant. It is just Fried Eggs on top of sliced Tofu with Light Soya Sauce and has a fancy name; “Mei Yan Chiew Geng” (in Cantonese) or loosely translated to “Beauties Reflection”, ahaha… Not sure how BBQ Restaurant prepares this dish but this is The VianD’s version of “Steamed Tofu Top With Crispy Fried Eggs (Mei Yan Chiew Geng)”.
- Tofu – the white smooth soft type.
- Sliced Shallots and chopped Garlic. And Eggs. Good quality Light Soy.
- Step 1 : Start by slicing Tofu to abt 1cm thick. Gently lay on a plate. Steam for abt 5 mins. Keep warm. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Fry Eggs in really hot Pan/Wok with smoky hot oil. This is how U get the side of the Eggs crispy. Set aside.
- Step 3 : Sauté Shallots and Garlic with lots of oil till golden brown. Set aside.
- Step 4 : Drain excess water from the steamed Tofu. Top with Fried Eggs. Drizzle Light Soy and Shallots/Garlic oil. Viola, ur plate of “Steamed Tofu Top With Crispy Fried Eggs (Mei Yan Chiew Geng)” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved