Ready : 1 hr 05 mins [Prep : 30 mins † Cooking : 35 mins † Excluding Marinating Time]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : Boil/Mix
Level : Easy
Idle : 35 mins Printable Recipe.
“Another Hawker Delight”
Following an earlier posting of “Wonton Mee” (with the wider flat noodles) – click for details, it just feels right to post the typical version of Wonton Mee (with the thin noodles) found in most eatery outlets in South Asia Nations. Preparation wise is exactly the same as the earlier posting. Here, The VianD have “Prawn Wonton” rather than the usual minced pork wonton. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Dry Wonton Mee“.
- Wonton Mee.
- Prawn Wonton – Prawns : deshelled and deveined, cut to abt 1-inch size. Wonton skin.
- Soup – Ikan Bilis, sliced Ginger, Tung Choy and chopped Garlic.
- Condiments – Some Green Veggies and sliced BBQ pork.
- Step 1 : Start by marinating the Prawns with finely chopped Parsley/scallion, Salt, Sugar, White pepper, Oyster sauce, a little Corn Flour and lots of Sesame oil. Mix well and fridge for 30 mins or so for better handling.
After 30 mins, simply wrap the Prawn with the Wonton skin. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Meanwhile, prepare the soup by sauteing the Soup Ingredients till aromatic. Add water, bring to boil and simmer for abt 30 mins to get the flavor. Sieve it. Season with Salt, Sugar, white pepper and a dash of Sesame oil. Set aside.
- Step 3 : Meanwhile, prepare the sauce for the Wonton Mee. On the serving plate add Oil, Black/Light soy, Sesame oil and White pepper. Set aside.
- Step 4 : Heat up a pot of boiling water. Poach the green Veggies, just a while. Poach the wrapped Prawn Wonton – when they float to the top, they’re cooked – abt 1-2 mins. Dish out and put into the Soup. Set aside.
- Step 5 : Heat up a pot of boiling water. Poach the Wonton mee (loosen) in boiling water – just for a while (soggy Mee is bad Mee !!), when it starts top float, it’s cooked – abt 2-3 mins. Quickly fish it out and then submerged into cold water (or ran thru cold tap-water) to stop it from cooking as well as getting rid of the excess starch. Then put it back into the boiling just to warm the mee a little. Drain thoroughly, and mix well with the serving plate of sauce. Top with the poached greens and BBQ pork slices. Serve together with the Prawns Wonton soup. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved