Ready : 1 hr 15 mins [Prep : 30 mins † Cooking : 45 mins]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : Boil/Simmer
Level : Easy
Idle : 45 mins Printable Recipe.
“An Absolute Hawker Delight”
Street vendors in Malaysia and Singapore have long been seen hawking their own unique version of a local favorite noodle dish called “Curry Laksa”. This flavorful noodle soup, also called “Curry Mee“, is made with a rich, coconut milk-based sauce that is flavored with rempah (a mixture of spices) paste and served with any number of the toppings – Chicken, BBQ pork slices, Bean Curd Puffs, Fish Cake slices and raw Cockles. There are many versions of this noodles dish, varying from region to region. Here’s The Viand’s first try on “Curry Laksa“ and in all honesty, it could be much better. Definitely, call for a second try.
CURRY PASTE :
- Onions, Shallots, Garlic, Chillies, Chillies Boh, soaked Dried Shrimps, all blend into a paste.
The Yellow paste includes : Turmeric (yellow ginger), Galangal (Blue Ginger), LemonGrass and Candlenuts (Buah Keras).
NOODLES & SIDE CONDIMENTS :
- Yellow Mee (Egg Noodles), Santan (Coconut milk), Curry leaves, Steamed Chicken (or poached), BBQ pork, Bean Curd Puffs, Fish Cakes and Bean Sprouts.
- Salt and Sugar. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by sauteing the paste mixture a generous amount of oil, till Oil separates and raise to the top – abt 30 mins. Set aside.
U can do this way in advance, in large quantity and store in the Fridge for future cooking.
- Step 2 : Saute some the paste with some Curry leaves till aromatic. Add water and bring to boil, simmer a while – abt 15 mins. Sieve the soup. Bring to boil again.
Add Santan, Bean Curd Puffs and sliced Fish Cakes, add Seasoning Ingredients. Bring to boil on medium/low heat. Your Curry soup is ready.
- Step 3 : To serve, quickly poach some Yellow Mee with some Bean Sprout – just a minute or so. Ladle the Curry soup with all the Side Condiments over it and ur bowl of delicious, rich “Curry Laksa” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved