Ready : 30 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 20 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : DeepFry/Braise
Level : /Easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Distinctive And Delicious Appetizing Savory Fish Dish”
Braised Taucu Fish (Fermented Yellow Soybeans) is another great way to flavor your plain old bland tasting Fish. If U like strong flavors thick sauce, this dish is for you because the Taucu bean-paste (fermented yellow soybeans) makes a distinctive and delicious savory sauce. U can really use any kind of fish but fish with a tougher(rougher) meat texture is preferred, simply because of the braising process. Here’s The Viand’s version of “Braised Taucu fish (Fermented Yellow Soybeans)”
- Chunky fish blocks marinated with Salt, coarsely grounded Black Pepper and lightly coated with Flour.
- All important Taucu, sliced Gingers, Chilis, Scallion, Parsley and chopped Garlic.
- Sugar, Salt, white Pepper, Oyster sauce, a dash of Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. All to taste. Add little Cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce if U like. *** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice/sauce – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by deep-frying the Fish till Golden-brown – abt 8-10 mins. Set aside to drain off excess oil. U can do this advance.
- Step 2 : Saute the Ginger, Garlic and Taucu till aromatic. Add water bring it to boil.
- Step 3 : Gently place the Fish into the sauce, don’t stir too much (but mix well) else the Fish will break. Turn heat to low and simmer a while – abt 5 mins to thicken the sauce (or U can add little Cornstarch mixture to help thicken the sauce). Add all the Seasoning Ingredient. Add the Chillies, Parsley and Scallion. Simmer awhile. Viola, ur plate of delicious “Braised Taucu fish (Fermented Yellow Soybeans)” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved