Ready : 25 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 15 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : DeepFry/StirFry
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Butter Infused Aromatic Flavorful Chicken”
“Lai Yao Kai (Stir-fry Butter Chicken)” is The VianD’s replicate version of “Lai Yao Har” (Butter Prawns) which is very popular among the Chinese. I know, I know.., huh?..with Chicken ?!? LoL.. Well, it’s high-time someone tries this and The Viand did just that !!! And viola, it has to be said that, it actually tasted great and the kids love it. The recipe of “Lai Yoa” was twisted a little, with the Eggs stir-fried into the chicken rather than the traditional tiny crispy Eggs strips. Packed with butter flavors and the added “Curry leaves’ and Bird’s eye Chili” certainly did a fantastic job of elevating the aromatics of the dish. Yup, if you are adventurous enough, try this, taste better than U expect !!! Here’s The Viand’s endeavor on “Lai Yao Kai (Stir-fry Butter Chicken)“.
- Chicken Thighs – chopped to bite size.
- Chopped Onion, Garlics, Chillis, Ginger, Chilli Padi, Curry leaves, Parsley and Scallion.
An Egg and Butter.
- Light soy, Oyster sauce, Sugar, Salt, white Pepper. A touch of Sesame oil. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by marinating the Chopped Chicken with Salts and Sugar to taste.
- Step 2 : Heat up a pot oil till smoking. Turn heat to medium and deep-fry Chicken till slight Golden-brown – abt 10-15 mins depending on the size of the Chicken and the heat. Set aside to drain off excess oil. U can do this in advance.
- Step 3 : Meanwhile, saute all the ingredients (except Parsley and Scallion) till aromatic.
- Step 4 : Turn the heat to low, add in the butter (preference in amount). Make sure the butter is melted. Add in the slightly beaten egg and stir constantly, as if U’re making Scrambled Eggs.
- Step 5 : Crank up the heat. Add in the Chicken and mix well. Add a tiny bit of water if too dry. Add in the chopped Parsley and Scallion. Add all the Seasoning Ingredients. Give a few quick stir and voila, Ur plate of “Lai Yao Kai” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved