Ready : 30 mins [Prep : 15 mins † Cooking : 15 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : DeepFry/Braise
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Unmistakably Delicious Hakka Tofu Dish”
“Braised Tofu” is another common and favorite dish among the Chinese community, especially the Hakka. There is a saying among the Hakka, “if you don’t take Tofu, U are not a genuine Hakka”…LoL. This is how popular Tofu is !!! If U are a fan of Tofu, this is must dish to try. While U can always buy the ready-made Tofu but if R interested in making it urself with no added preservatives, here’s the recipe. Click here for “Homemade Egg Tofu Recipe”. There could be countless versions outside but here is The VianD’s version of “Braised Homemade Egg Tofu (Egg Bean Curd)“.
- Egg Tofu – sliced into bite size. U see those small holes, this is a result of over-steaming (if U are doing ur own Tofu), so if U like silky smooth Tofu, watch the heat carefully.
- Finely chopped Onion, Garlic, Ginger and Chilis. Sliced Scallion and Red carrot. Minced pork and some Roast pork (optional and could be any Seafood).
Some Cornstarch mixture as thickening agent.
- Salt, Sugar, White pepper, Sesame oil, Oyster Sauce and Dark soy sauce. All to taste. *** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice/sauce – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by Deep-frying the Tofu in very hi-heat. Watch out, bound to have some oil-splashes. Till Golden-brown, abt 5-mins. Do not over-crowd, do in batches if need to. Set aside to drain excess oil.
- Step 2 : In medium heat, saute all the chopped Ingredients till aromatic. Then add in the Meat and sliced Carrots. Stir to keep from burning, saute till aromatic.
Add water, this is ur gravy (if U prefer more gravy, add more). Bring to boil and let it simmer a little. Add in the Tofu and Cornstarch mixture, mix thoroughly but gently (unless U want broken-up Tofu..LoL). Let it simmer for a little. Add the sliced Scallion and all the Seasoning Ingredients.
- Step : Viola..! Your pot of delicious homemade “Braised Egg Tofu” is done !!! Serve hot with rice.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved