Ready : 25 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 15 mins † Excluding Marinating Time]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : DeepFry
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Aromatic Crispy Pork Belly”
“Crispy Garlic Pork Belly“ is something that just popped into The VianD’s mind. Ahemm.., could this be a one of a kind recipe ?!? LoL.., anyway, something different. Actually, there are two versions of this presented here; one coated with Flour, deep-fried – simply sliced and served with dipping sauce. And the second version, without the Flour, also deep-fried but quickly saute with some extra fresh ingredients to elevates the flavor. Both, full of Garlic flavors but one with a crispy exterior. Really got nothing much to add, take a look at this. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Crispy Garlic Pork Belly“.
- Pork-belly (lean pork will be tough)- cut to about 2-inches thick. Lightly smashed Garlic.
- Sliced Shallot and Ginger, roughly diced Scallion and finely chopped Garlic.
DIPPING SAUCE :
- Ginger and Garlic puree. Sliced Scallion. Salt/Sugar to taste. Piping hot Oil.
- Salt, Sugar, Black Pepper, a dash of Shaoxing wine and a little Dark soy for coloring. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by Pat-dry the Pork Belly for easy handling. Make small insertions with a sharp small knife all over and insert smashed Garlic deep into the holes. Marinate the Pork Belly with the Marinating Ingredients for at least a couple of hrs, better still overnite.
- Step 2 : Version 1 (without Flour Coating)
Make sure the Pork belly is at room temperature (out of Fridge for at least an hr).
Heat up a pot of oil till smoking. Turn the heat down to medium. Gently lower the Pork belly, strip by strip and deep fry till golden brown – abt 10-15 mins. Transfer to a metal rack to drain off excess oil. When the Pork-belly is cold enough to handle, slice thinly.
Meanwhile, saute all the Side Ingredients except Scallion till aromatic. Add the sliced Pork and saute a little and follow by the Scallion. The Pork is already flavored but if U want, U can add a little Black pepper and a dash of Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine to further elevates the flavors. Plate and ur plate of aromatic garlicky “Garlic Pork Belly” is ready to be served hot.
- Step 3 : Version 2 (with Flour Coating)
Make sure the Pork belly is at room temperature (out of Fridge for at least an hr). Thoroughly coat the Pork belly with Flour. Shake off excess Flour.
Heat up a pot of oil till smoking. Turn the heat down to medium. Gently lower the Pork belly, strip by strip and deep fry till golden brown – abt 10-15 mins. Transfer to a metal rack to drain off excess oil. When the Pork-belly is cold enough to handle, slice thinly. Viola, ur plate of “Crispy Garlic Pork Belly” is ready to be served hot with Dipping sauce.
- Step 4 : Dipping Sauce (for version 2)
Simply pureed some Ginger and Garlic. Add sliced Scallion, Salt and Sugar to taste. Heat up some oil and pour over the puree. U can use this as a dipping sauce or simply drizzle on top on the Pork slices.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved