Ready : 20 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 15 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : StirFry
Level : Easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Absolutely Appetizing Flavorful Dish To Die For”
This dish is to die for. Famously known in Cantonese as “Ham Yee Fa Lam Po” literally translate to Salted Fish Pork Belly Claypot. Stir-fried in a Claypot over blazing fire; the combination of salted fish with the succulent pork belly is delightfully flavourful while the addition of fresh Ginger, Shallots, Garlic and Dried chilies adds freshness and color. A splash of rice wine (Shaoxing wine) and Sesame oil simply amalgamates the flavors together. All these, create a lovely aromatic appetizing dish – very similar to, Claypot Salted Fish Chicken – click for recipe. Here’s The Viand’s version of “Claypot Salted Fish Pork-belly“
- Thinly sliced Pork Belly or a mixture of lean pork (if the Pork-belly is fatty).
Sliced Salted Fish. Get the firmer type.
- Lightly smashed Garlic and Shallot, Dried Chili (add more if U prefer more heat), sliced red Chili and Ginger.
- Dark Soy for coloring. Salt and Sugar. A dash of Shaoxing wine and Sesame oil (two key ingredients that really amalgamates the flavors together). All to taste. *** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice/sauce – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by sauteing the Salted Fish till golden brown and aromatic – abt 3-5 mins. Extract out to drain off excess oil. Set aside. Re-use the oil (pack with flavors) for the rest of the cooking.
- Step 2 : With the same oil, saute all the Side Ingredients except sliced Chili till aromatic. Maybe a little coarsely grounded black Pepper (if U like). Saute till aromatic. Add the Pork Belly, saute till oil starts to render out. Follow by the lean pork and stir well and saute on medium heat till cook – abt 5-8 mins.
- Step 3 : Add all the Seasoning Ingredients. Mix well. Add sliced Salted Fish, mix well. Add a little water for gravy or saute longer for a drier version. Lastly, add the sliced Red Chili, mix well. Viola, ur pot of aromatic appetizing “Claypot Salted Fish Pork Belly” is done and ready to be served hot!!! ** Serve with the Claypot, very authentic..LoL **
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved