Ready : 20 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 10 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : StirFry
Level : More Than Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Full of WOK HEI (Breath Of The Wok)”
“Dry Fried French Beans (干煸四季豆)” is one of the signature classic dishes of Sichuan. Like all Sichuan dishes, there are bold in flavors, usually spiced up with Sichuan Peppercorns which has intense fragrant, citrus-like flavor and produces a “tingly-numbing” sensation in the mouth. This dish is all about “HEAT (high flame) and WOK HEI (镬气)”. Read all About Wok Hei here. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Dry Fried French Beans (干煸四季豆)“.
- French Beans halved (U can leave it as a whole) and Pork strips.
- Diced Onion and Chilli, finely chopped Garlic and roughly chopped Dried Shrimp.
- Oyster sauce, Sesame oil, Light Soy, Dark Soy (for coloring), Shaoxing wine, Salt and Sugar. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Salt, Sugar, a dash of Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
The French beans itself can be prepared in one of two ways. First, deep-fried in high heat is the faster option but messier – this is The VianD’s option. The second way is to stir-fry (with little oil) in medium-heat. Constant tossing until the beans pucker and begin to brown and require a little more time. It’s your choice.
- Step 1 : Start by marinating the Pork strips with all the Marinating Ingredients. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Deep-fry the beans in high heat. 1-2 minutes should be sufficient. Set aside.
- Step 3 : Saute the Dried Shrimp till aromatic. Set aside.
- Step 4 : On medium heat and with the same oil, saute the Onion, Chilli and Garlic till aromatic. Add in the Pork strips and saute till dry – abt 3-5 mins. Crank up the heat. Add the Beans and Dried Shrimp. Add Seasoning Ingredients. A dash of Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. Dish up and serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved