Ready : 20 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 10 mins]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : StirFry
Level : More Than Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Crispy Noodle Dish”
“CRISPY PAN FRIED NOODLES” is a classic noodle dish of Hong Kong and Guangzhou. It’s all about pan-frying (not deep-fried) the noodles to golden crispness on both sides. The Cantonese call this “liang mein wong”, which means “double sided golden yellow”. The fried noodles become the base for a stir-fried topping. The topping sauce is an Egg-based sauce thicken with Cornstarch. Here’s The Viand’s take on “CRISPY PAN FRIED NOODLES“.
- Wonton Mee (or any egg noodles). Make sure it’s loose.
- Sliced lean pork, Fish cake, Onion, Ginger, Red Carrot and Chilli. And Tung Choy (preserved Veggies). Cornstarch mixture and a slightly beaten Eggs as thickening agent.
Really, U can add anything U fancy for the topping sauce.
- Salt, Sugar, Oyster sauce, White pepper and Sesame oil. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by thoroughly loosening the Wonton mee and shake off excess flour. Heat up non-stick Pan with a little oil till smoking hot, then turn heat down to medium. Spread the noodles evenly in the frying pan. Pan-fry the noodles on both sides until golden brown abt 2-3 mins (each side). Dish out and loosen the Noodle and pile them up. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Saute the sliced Onion, Ginger, Carrot and some chopped Garlic till aromatic. Add the pork, saute for a few minutes till the pork change color to white. Add in the sliced Fish cake and saute till aromatic.
Add water and Tung Choy. Bring to boil and let it simmer for a few minutes. Thicken the sauce with Cornstarch. Add all Seasoning Ingredients. Add in the slightly beaten Eggs slowly and stir gently. Prepare more sauce cos, the Pan-fried noodles do soak up quite a bit of sauce. Pour sauce over the Pan-fried noodles and serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved