Ready : 15 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 5 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : StirFry
Level : More Than Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“A Delicately Stir-fried Delicious Savoury Clams Dish”
“Stir Fried LaLa (Clams)” is a lovely dish that most Chinese love to savor. However, it is really difficult to get really fresh meaty Lala and seriously, there is nothing more revolting than a plate of unfresh fried LaLa. Just like most dishes in Chinese cuisine, there are plentiful of versions around; the most common being “Kam Heong Fried Lala (with dried chilies)“. Here’s The Viand’s version (a version that The VianD grew up with) of “Stir Fried LaLa With Ginger & Taucu Paste (Clams)“.
- Lala (Clams) – Normally, you need to soak this shellfish in salt water for a while for them to release some of the mud and sand sediments. But to keep it fresh from the market, The VianD simply quickly blanch the Lala in boiling water with a piece of smashed Ginger and a little Shaoxing wine. Take it off as soon as the shells start to open. This way U will maintain the freshness to a certain extent. U can then fridge it for later cooking.
There are quite a few varieties of Clams out there that comes with different meat texture. Some are a little longer oval in shape and some are a little more rounded. The VianD’s preference which has a softer meat texture, as shown in the images below.
- The all important Taucu paste (fermented yellow soybeans paste). Lots of Ginger strip, chopped Garlic, sliced red Chillies (optional – a few Chilli padi – just for some kick).
- Salt, Sugar, Sesame oil, Shaoxing wine and Oyster sauce. All to taste. *** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice/sauce – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : In medium heat, start by sauteing the Ginger strip, chopped Garlic, sliced Chillies (or Chilli padi) till aromatic. Then add Taucu paste and continue to saute till aromatic. Add some water and bring to boil, this will form ur base-gravy.
- Step 2 : Crank up the heat. Be quick, U don’t wanna over-cooked the Lala. Add the blanched Lala and stir and mix well. Simmer for a minute or two. Add all the Seasoning Ingredients, give a few quick stirs to incorporate everything together. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved