Ready : 15 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 10 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : DeepFry
Level : More Than Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Light, Crispy Battered With Sichuan’s Flavors”
“Tempura” are battered and deep fried dishes, which is one of the most popular types of Japanese food that is widely enjoyed around the world. While this classic Japanese dish is accompanied by a bowl of dipping sauce (for flavor), the deep-fried dish itself is rather bland. Here, The VianD try to infuse the classic Sichuan’s flavor into the dish by incorporating some Asian’s dry spices into the batter. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Sichuan Tempura French Beans“.
- French beans – trimmed and halved or U can keep as a whole.
TEMPURA BATTER :
- Self-rising Flour, a small amount of Corn Flour, an Egg and Ice-water.
- Salt, Sugar, coarsely grounded black pepper, Garlic powder and 5-spice powder. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by mixing the Batter. Lightly beat the Egg with a little Ice-water. Mix the Flour well. Gently pour in the beaten Egg and the Seasoning Ingredients. Fold gently. If too thick, add some Ice-water. Don’t over stirred/mixed, lumps are fine.
- Step 2 : Heat up a pot of oil. When it starts to smoke, lower heat to medium. Dip the Beans into the batter, making sure the Beans are well coated. Gently lower into the oil, one by one, else it will all stick together and don’t overcrowd, do in batches. Fry for abt 1 min or till golden brown.
Transfer out the cooked tempura to a wired rack or a plate lined with a paper towel to drain excess oil (very important else the Tempura will get soggy). Between batches, remove the crumbs from the oil else the crumbs will burn and turn the oil darker if left in the fryer. Don’t discard the excess batter, gently and slowly pour it into the oil and fry till golden brown – just a min or so. These bits and pieces are really flavorful and are great for garnishing on top of the dish. Plate and ur plate of crispy delicious “Sichuan Tempura French Beans” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved