Ready : 30 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 20 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : StriFry
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Bursting Fiery Sambal Pork”
This is done with the “Wild Boar” meat in mind. Since consuming wild animals is not a norm for the family, Pork Belly was the substitute. The VianD wanted something a little spicy, tangy and appetizing that goes well with white rice. This is what The VianD came out with. While at it, why not throw in some cubed Potatoes and sliced Onion and prepare it like a normal slightly thicken sauce curry dish. Seriously, The VianD does not have any recipe for cooking “Wild Boar” meat, this is just a replica of it..Ahaha.. Anyway, here’s The Viand’s take on “Sambal Pork Slices“, see if U like it.
- Sliced Pork and cubed potatoes.
- Sliced Onion, Shallots, finely chopped Garlic, Ginger and Sambal paste. Sambal Paste (click for recipe).
Additional Flavouring Spices : To further enhance the aromatic flavors. Cardamom seed, Cloves and Cumin seeds. Curry leaves and Lemongrass if available.
- Salt and Sugar. U can add some Lemon juice for some acidity if U like. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by sauteing all the Additional Flavouring Spices till aromatic. Add in the Sambal paste and saute till oil separates and rise to the top.
- Step 2 : Add in the rest of the Ingredients except the Pork belly. Mix well and saute till aromatic. Then add in the Pork, again mix well and saute till pork turns white and aromatic.
- Step 2 : Add water, bring to boil and simmer till Potatoes soften and sauce thicken. U can add a little fresh milk if U want some creaminess. Add Seasoning Ingredients. Viola..! Ur plate of Spicy delicious “Sambal Pork Slices” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved