Ready : 20 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 15 mins † Excluding Soaking Noodles Time]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : Boil
Level : More Than Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Simple Wholesome Hearty Satisfying Soup Dish”
“Cabbage Egg Soup With Glass (Cellophane) Noodles” is probably the ultimate comfort dish for The VianD while growing up. The good thing about this dish is that it has a bit of everything in it that would qualify for a balanced meal. U have Vegetables -Cabbages, the protein – Eggs and the Carbohydrate to go with it – Glass Noodles. Therefore, this is a meal by itself, especially for someone who is feeling a little under the weather. It is simple to prepare, plain and clean and yet fulfilling. Here’s The Viand’s version of, “Cabbage Egg Soup With Glass (Cellophane) Noodles“
- Cabbage (cut to 2-3 inches size), Eggs, Glass Noodles, Tung Choy – preserved Veggies (wash) and a piece of smashed Ginger. Sliced Scallion for garnishing.
U can discard the middle part of the Cabbage, if it is too thick. It can be tough but this is the part where most of the Cabbage’s natural sweetness flavor lies.
- Sugar, Salt, Sesame oil, finely grounded White pepper and a touch of Oyster Sauce. All to taste. *** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice/sauce – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Soak the Glass Noodles for at least an hour. This will keep the noodles soft and smooth and not break up when boil. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Saute the smashed Ginger and some chopped Garlic till aromatic.
- Step 3 : Crack the Eggs into the Pan. Break up the Eggs yolk and swirl the Pan around so that the Eggs kinda form a Pancake with consistent thickness.
- Step 4 : Flip the Eggs over and break into bite size. B4 the Egg is completely cooked, add water and bring to boil on high heat for a few minutes. See how the water turned kinda milky? That’s exactly wat U want. Add Tung Choy and continue boiling for abt 5 mins.
- Step 5 : Add the Cabbages, stir and continue to boil in high heat for abt 5 mins or till Cabbages soften (ur preference of softness). Add the Glass Noodles and continue to boil for a few mins.
- Step 6 : Add ur Seasoning Ingredients and viola; ur “CABBAGE EGG SOUP WITH GLASS (CELLOPHANE) NOODLES” is done !! Serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved