Ready : 45 mins [Prep : 30 mins † Cooking : 4-5 mins per batch † Excluding Marinating Time]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : DeepFry
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Crispy Exterior With Juicy Tender Interior”
Meatball is one of the most versatile meat dishes ever created. It consists of ground or minced meat rolled into the shape of a ball and can be combined with a vast variety other ingredients, herbs, and spices to give it a totally different texture and flavors. While it is not clear of the originality of Meatballs, every country seems to have a version of their own. They can be prepared in all the culinary cooking methods; be it steamed, boiled, deep-fried, braised or any other ways U can think of. In addition, they can also be served in all kind of different ways and be incorporated into other dishes easily. This is The VianD’s version of “Chinese Fried Meatballs“; coated with Breadcrumb.
This dish is all about texture layering. Whatever U decide to mix into the minced meat will be the ultimate deciding factor between a good or bad meatballs. A balance proportion of meat and what is being added in; is also very important. Water chestnut or Jicama/Sengkuan (a type of turnip) will be a good addition as it adds crunchiness. U need a mixture of Pork belly and lean Pork else it will be too dry. Adding a small portion of fish/prawn paste will give an extra springiness texture
- Minced Pork – a mixture of Pork Belly and lean Pork.
- Onion, Shallot, Scallion, Parsley, Red carrot, Ginger, Garlic and dried Shiitake mushroom (soaked in hot water till soft). All finely dice.
- An Eggs, Breadcrumb and Corn flour.
- More Breadcrumb.
FLAVORS SEASONING :
- Salt, Sugar, Five-spice powder and White pepper. A dash of Shaoxing wine, Sesame oil, Light soy and Oyster sauce. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by mixing all the ingredients in a large bowl, together with the Flavouring ingredients. Get your hands dirty, dig in and mix really well. Add the Breadcrumb as U go along, till U get the right consistency resembling the sticky bread dough.
Fridge the mixture for awhile (allow time for the marinate to get infused). This will also help the meat to settle and ensure easy handling.
- Step 2 : Wet ur hands. Gently toss between ur palm or whatever means to form the meat into balls of abt 1-inch size – just make sure they all abt the same size to ensure even deep-frying. This can be done ahead of time. Just make sure they are in room temperature before deep-frying.
Just b4 deep-frying, coat the meatballs with Breadcrumb thoroughly.
- Step 2 : Heat up a pot of oil, enough to cover the meatballs. When it starts to smoke, turn the heat to medium and gently put the meatballs (one by one) into the oil. Flip occasionally and fry for 4-5 mins or till golden brown.
Dish out to a metal rack to drain oil. Let it rest for 5-10 mins b4 serving.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved