Ready : 15 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 5 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : Fry
Level : More Than Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Easy Simple Delicious Hearty Eggs Dish”
“It is not often in life we have the privilege of handling a masterpiece of ingenuity. But we do it without thinking when we cook one of nature’s most brilliant creations – the unassuming but extraordinary Egg.” ~ Anne Gardiner and Sue Wilson.
Ahhh..Egg, what can we say about Egg ?!? You can Heat ’em, Beat ’em, Fry ’em, Steam ’em, Bake ’em, Scramble ’em, Hard-boil ’em, Soft-boil ’em, Poach ’em, Pickle ’em or Mix ’em up and still turned out delicious – both in sweet and savory !!! Egg, among a few other foods, is what The VianD would classify as “superfood” and “ultimate convenience food”. They are loaded with nutrients, some of which are rare in the modern diet – packed with protein and a range of 18 vitamins and minerals. Ok, enough of Eggs already, back to the dish. Egg Omelette with French Beans is basically an adaptation of the famous Teochew dish, “Egg Omelette with Dried Radish”. Instead of Dried Radish, it is Diced French Beans. Here is The VianD’s version of “Egg Omelette with French Beans“.
- French Beans – diced and Eggs.
- Salt, White pepper, Sesame oil, Oyster Sauce and Light soy sauce. All to taste. (** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!)
While U can simply mixed the Diced French Beans into the Eggs and fry, The VianD like to saute the Beans with finely chopped Garlic and a little seasonings to elevates the flavors. Two reasons – first being that, the Beans are basically very bland, thus a little seasoning goes a long way. Second, the Beans can be a little too raw with strong Astringent (green) taste; if U do not saute it first.
Do not beat the Eggs too much unless U prefer fluffy Eggs. Ur preference.
- Step 1 : Start by CrackING the eggs into a bowl. Season with Salt, White pepper, Sesame oil, Oyster Sauce and Light soy sauce. Stir to break the Egg yolk (not too much) to mix, making sure everything is dissolved. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Saute some finely chopped Garlic till aromatic. Add the Diced French Beans and mix well, add a pinch of Salt and Sugar. Saute a minute or two.
- Step 3 : Dish the Beans directly into the Egg mixture. Heat up some oil in a nonstick pan till smoking hot. Lower the heat to medium. Pour in egg mixture making sure the Beans are evenly distributed.
Use an 8-inch size pan. Think it is a nice serving size plus a lot easier to handle when frying. Use a medium-sized ladle to scoop the Egg mixture into pan – neat and tidy. 3/4 full scoop – yield just the right thickness of the Omelette.
- Step 4 : When eggs have congealed enough to be flip, carefully flip the omelet over. Fry till golden brown, dish out and serve.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved