Ready : 45 mins [Prep : 15 mins † Cooking : 30 mins † Not Inclusive Of Marinating Time]
Serve : 4 with White other dishes
Generic : Oven-bake
Level : Easy
Idle : 30 mins Printable Recipe.
“A Pungent Aromatic Enhanced Baked Chicken”
“Nam Yue Fried Chicken” is of Hakka origin, next to the famous Hakka “Nam Yue Fried Pork Belly (客家炸肉)”. It is basically deep-fry Chicken marinated with Nam Yue (Fermented Red Bean Curd). On it’s own, Nam Yue has an “acquired taste” but with the right combination of ingredients, it can turn a dish into an unmistakably flavorful most aromatic experiences. Here, The VianD uses Chicken Wings and instead of adopting the traditional deep-fry method (Click for the Deep-fried version), this is oven-baked which is a lot less messy without the oil. Here’s The VianD’s version of “Oven Baked Nam Yue Chicken Wings (with fermented red bean curd)“.
- Chicken Wings – with the tips removed and halved into drummettes and wings.
- The all-important ingredients, Fermented Red Bean Curd.
- Not in the picture – Light Soy, Sesame oil, Shaoxing wine, finely chopped Garlic/Ginger, Salt, Sugar, White Pepper and a small amount of Flour (just to give it a slight crunchy coating). All to taste. (** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!)
- Step 1 : Marinate the Chicken Wings with the Marinating Ingredients for at least a few hours or better still overnight.
- Step 2 : With the Wings at room temperature, arrange the Wings on a rack and bake for 10-15 minutes each side @ 180C. Make sure U have a rack to catch the dripping oil. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved