Ready : 1 hr 10 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 60 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : Simer/Braise
Level : Easy
Idle : 50 mins Printable Recipe.
“Old-fashioned Chicken dish, Peanuts being the star”
This is a dish that takes comfort from the elite Chinese’s special dietary for confinement ladies. During confinement period, one special soup dish that often consumed is Peanuts Chicken Feets or Pig Leg soup – which contain lots of Collagen and Galactagogues that is known to help promotes lactation. I know these Feets and Legs thingy can be gross or disgusting for many but, the traditional Chinese swear by this…LoL. Ok, enough of Confinement Dietary, taking a lead from the above-mentioned soup, The VianD simply take the classic Braised Mushroom Chicken dish add Peanuts to it as a side condiments; and come out with this recipe. The Peanuts magnificently adds another layer of texture and flavor; which combines superbly with the earthly flavor of the Mushrooms. See if U like it. Here’s The VianD’s version of “Braised Mushroom Peanut Chicken“.
- Chicken Thigh chopped to bite size. Mushroom (destemmed) and Peanuts. Both soaked overnite. Do change the water at least once. Keep the second round of water for braising, as they are pack with their respective flavors.
- Sliced Ginger, Red Carrot and Chili and Onion. Roughly chopped Parsley and Scallion.
- Light Soy, Dark Soy, Sesame oil, Salt, Sugar, White Pepper, Shaoxing wine and Oyster sauce. All to taste. (** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!)
- Step 1 : Start by Saute a few pieces of sliced Ginger with the Mushrooms till aromatic.
Add the Peanuts and all the soaking water and bring it to boil on high heat. Keep it on high heat, till water turn slightly thicken. Then turn heat to low and simmer for at least 45 mins. Add water if too dry. Simmer longer if U want a softer texture of both the Mushrooms and Peanuts. Add a little Salt and Sugar to season the Mushroom and Peanuts a little. U can do this in advance and set aside.
- Step 2 : Saute some finely chopped Garlic with the slices Ginger, Onion and Carrot till aromatic. Add in the Chicken; stir and mix well till Chicken kinda turn white.
Add in the braised Mushroom and Peanuts. Add water just about to cover the Chicken. Bring to boil and then simmer for abt 10 mins or till Sauce thicken. Add all the Seasoning Ingredients and roughly chopped Parsley/Scallion. Dish out and serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved