Ready : 60h mins [Prep : 15 mins † Cooking : 45 mins]
Serve : I4 with other dishes
Generic : Boil/Sear/Steam/Quick Braise
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Spicy Savoury Typical SEA Fish Dish”
Was left with a bunch of Stingray (Ikan Pari) which were meant to be grilled during a planned BBQ nite. Anyway, with the BBQ canceled, it was up to The VianD to cook the Stingray for a normal dinner that goes well with other dishes. Stingrays are best suitable for grilling as the high-Fat content, keeps the flesh moist and tender even after a prolonged period of direct high-heat contact. Since most of the ingredients were already prepared for the BBQ, The Viand simply tweaked this into “Assam Pedas Stingray“, a dish that goes well with plain white rice. Having limited ingredients, this is very much an improvised version but taste surprisingly good..ahaha. See, if U like it. Here’s The VianD’s improvised version of “Assam Pedas Stingray (Ikan Pari)“.
- Stingrays washed and cut into desired size (not too small, else it will break). Okra (Lady finger) cut to about 2/3 inches long.
- Pre-packed Assam paste. Chopped Ginger, Chili, Onion. Sliced Tomatoes (chop is fine). U really do not need these, but The Viand add these to intensified the pre-packed Assam paste.
- Sliced Onion to be added towards the end of the quick-braising. Roughly chopped Parsley for Garnishing.
- Salt, Sugar and Oyster sauce. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice/sauce – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Saute all the Part 1 Side Ingredients with the pre-packed Assam Sambal till aromatic and oil start to separate. Add the desired amount of water (this will be ur sauce) and bring to boil. Turn heat to low and simmer for abt 30 mins or till everything soften to disintegrate.
- Step 2 : Meanwhile, brown the Stingray to render out some of the fat.
- Step 3 : Nicely browned Stingray, set aside to drain off excess oil.
- Step 4 : Steam the Okra for about 5 mins. This process will help the Okra stay crunchy. Set aside.
- Step 5 : When the soup is ready, blend it and sieve to get a slightly thicken smooth sauce.
- Step 6 : Saute the sliced Onion till aromatic. U don’t need to add any other spices bcos everything is already in the sauce.
- Step 7 : Add the soup, bring it to boil, season with the Seasoning Ingredients. Gently add in the Stingray and Okra. Stir gently to avoid breaking the fish. Bring to boil and simmer for abt 3-5 mins. Dish out and serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved