Ready : 40 mins [Prep : 15 mins † Cooking : 25 mins † Not Including Marinating Time]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : DeepFry /StirFry
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Succulent Wings with aromatic Pepper flavors”
Just another version of Salt and Pepper dish, this time using Chicken Wings. Basically, it is just deep-fried lightly-battered Chicken Wings and then stir-fry in high heat with lots of Salt, Pepper and diced Onion. The outcome is a plate of Succulent Wings glazed with aromatic Pepper flavors. Two other versions of this dish were posted here: Salt N Pepper Chicken (椒鹽雞) (click for recipe) and Salt N Pepper Chicken – Take 2 (椒鹽雞) (click for recipe). Here’s the third version, “Salt n Pepper Chicken Wings“.
- Chicken Wings – with the tips removed and halved into drummettes and wings.
- One diced red Onion, some curry leaves, diced Scallion & Parsley, finely chopped Garlic and Ginger, a couple of Chilli padi (Bird’s eye chili)-cut into half and sliced red chili.
- Black soy, Light soy, Oyster sauce, Sugar, Salt, white Pepper (as the name of the dish suggests, U will need a little more Salt and Pepper than usual). A touch of Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. All to taste.
An Egg, Self-rising Flour (or all purpose Flour).
(** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!)
- Step 1 : Marinate the Chicken Wings with all the Marinating Seasoning Ingredients. Mix well and make sure all the Wings are coated. Marinate for 3-4 hrs (better still overnite).
- Step 2 : Make sure the Wings are at room temperature (out of the Fridge for at least an hr) b4 deep-frying. Heat up a pot of oil till smoking, turn the heat to medium. Gently place the Wings into the oil, one by one. Fry in batches, do not overcrowd. Fry till golden brown – abt 7-8 mins, depending on the heat and size of the Wings). Set aside to drain off excess oil.
- Step 3 : Saute all the Side Ingredients (except the Scallion/Parsley) in medium heat till aromatic. Then crank up-up the heat. Add diced Scallion & Parsley and the Wings, mix/toss well. Add more Salt, Sugar, White pepper and a dash of Shaoxing wine. Stir, mix/toss well and serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved