Ready : 30 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 20 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : PanFry
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Spicy Aromatic Tangy Grilled Fish”
After doing this the first time a while ago, the children loved it, so on special request, I am doing this grilled Stingray dish again and decided to post this. Stingrays are best suitable for grilling because the high-Fat content keeps the flesh moist and tender even after a prolonged period of direct high-heat contact. This is a Malay dish and it’s all about the marinating Sambal sauce and is grilled over the banana leaf. Here’s The VianD’s version of “Grilled Stingray (Ikan Bakar Pari)“.
- Stingrays washed and cut into desired size (not too small, else it will break). Okra (Lady finger) sliced to about 1 cm thick.
- Sliced Onion, a stick of Lemongrass, Curry leaves, Chili Padi (Bird-eye chili), Curry powder, Hot Chilli Sauce (Thai Sriracha Chilli) and Sambal Paste (Sambal Paste – click for recipe).
- Banana leaf for grilling.
- Salt, Sugar and Oyster sauce. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice/sauce – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Mix all the Part 1 of Marinating Ingredients. Mix well and marinate the Fish for at least for a couple of hours.
- Step 2 : Heat up a non-sticking Pan, place a large enough piece of Banana Leaf in it and spread a generous amount of oil over it. Gently place the fish, (just the Fish first, leaving all the sambal/onion mixture). Pan-fry for about 5-minutes on each side in medium-to-low heat. This will to sear the fish nicely.
- Step 3 : Then add the sliced Okra into the Onion/Sambal paste and mix well. Then, scope this mixture over the fish, making sure all evenly spread out. Cover with lid and fry for another 5-minutes or so.
- Step 4 : If U prefer a drier and slightly charred fish, turn up the heat and let fry a little longer. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved