Ready : 60 mins [Prep : 15 mins † Cooking : 45 mins † Not Including Marinating Time]
Serve : 4 with other dishes (or U can serve as Entrée)
Generic : Bake
Level : Easy/Tricky
Idle : 45 mins Printable Recipe.
“Aromatic Bacon Chicken with a touch of Asian flavor”
This is a really simple version of “Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thigh“. While most recipes call for some kind of stuffings inside the chicken, this version is dry so as to highlight the crispy and aromatic bacon. With the Chicken all wrapped up nice and tight, the inside meat is well protected, thus ensuring a piece of juicy and tender Chicken with an outer layer of crispness. This version is also infused with a touch of Asian flavor sure as Ginger, Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. Here’s The VianD’s version of “Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thigh“.
- Deboned Chicken Thigh, butterfly to an even thickness.
- Smoked Bacon strips. Two pieces for each Thigh.
- Salt. Sugar, Black Pepper, Gula Melaka, Honey, Garlic powder, finely chopped Ginger, Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Mix all the Marinating Ingredients well and marinate the Chicken for an hour or so.
- Step 2 : Fold the Chicken to half and wrap it tightly with the Bacon strip. Fasten the end with a toothpick.
- Step 3 : Preheat Oven to 180C. Place the Chicken on a rack and tray to catch dripping oil. Bake for abt 45 mins, depending on the size of the Chicken. Flip occasionally to even cooking.
To test if the Chicken has cooked thru, pierce a thin skewer thru the Chicken, if oozing fluid is clear, it’s done.
- Step 4 : All perfectly done ! Let it set for abt 10-mins before slicing to about half-inch thick. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved