Ready : 25 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 15 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : StirFry
Level : More ThanEasy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Delicious Comfort and Humble Chicken Dish”
Ginger and scallion, the ultimate pairing in Chinese cooking. With a splash of Shaoxing wine, a drizzle of Sesame oil and a pinch of White pepper, this is truly an aromatic classic homely and humble dish (btw, the sauce is absolutely divine !!). Because this is such a classic comfort dish, every household probably has their own version with a little tweak tat makes it special. Here is The Viand’s version of, “Stir-Fry Ginger/Scallion Chicken“.
- Chicken – trimmed off excess fat, chopped to bite size.
- Lots of sliced Ginger and Scallion (cut to 1bt 2-inches long). Sliced Chilli and Carrot – more for color.
And a little Cornstarch mixture as thickening agent (if U want).
- Light soy, Oyster sauce, Sugar, Salt, white Pepper. A touch of Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Saute the Ginger with some chopped Garlic till aromatic.
- Step 2 : Add in the Chicken. Mix well and fry till the Chicken turn whitish in color.
- Step 3 : Add a little water, just abt to cover the chicken. Simmer a while, to allow the Chicken to cook through, till the sauce thicken slightly.
- Step 4 : Add ur Seasoning Ingredients, a little Cornstarch mixture, stir well. Add in the rest of the Side Ingredients. Mix well and serve hot.