Ready : 40 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 30 mins † Not Including Of Marinating time]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : Steam
Level : More Than Easy
Idle : 30 mins Printable Recipe.
“Delicious Tender and Succulent Chicken Wings”
This is basically “Steamed Chicken” but with Chicken Wings – which is the most tender and succulent part of the Chicken. The VianD has earlier posted a version with Chicken Thigh, “JING KAI (STEAMED CHICKEN)” (click for recipe). Plain and simple, yet absolutely delicious, this is a dish of tender and succulent Chicken Wings that comes with lots of light savory gravy. Here’s The Viand’s version of, “Steamed Chicken Wings“.
- Chicken Wings – with the tips removed and halved into drummettes and wings.
- Ginger strips, Chopped Garlic, Yok Chok (Solomon’s Seal Rhizome), Kei Chi (Wolfberry) – both soaked in hot water. Dong Quai bits (Angelica Sinensis) and a little Cornstarch (just for the smooth texture).
- Light soy, Oyster sauce, Sugar, Salt, White Pepper. A touch of Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. All to taste.
** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice/sauce – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Chicken Wings – with the tips removed and halved into drummettes and wings. Trimmed-off excess fat.
- Step 2 : Marinate the Wings with the Side and Seasoning Ingredients for at least 3-4 hrs.
- Step 3 : Arrange the Wings – with the Yok Chok (Solomon’s Seal Rhizome) underneath in a large relatively deep plate. Steam on high heat for abt 30-mins – depending on the heat and the size of the Wings.
- Step 4 : After 30-mins, ur plate of savory succulent “Steamed Chicken Wings” is ready. Serve hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved