Ready : 20 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 10 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : StirFry
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Delicious, Savory Homely and Humble Pork Dish”
Another classic Ginger and Scallion combination, to create an aromatic savory sauce with Pork Slices. With a splash of Shaoxing wine, a drizzle of Sesame oil and a pinch of White pepper, this is truly an aromatic classic homely and humble dish (btw, the sauce is absolutely divine !!). Preparation wise, it really simple and fast, very much like any other Ginger/Scallion dishes. Here are two earlier versions – first; done with Fish slices, “Stir-fry Groupa Slices With Ginger And Scallion (姜葱鱼片)” (click for recipe) and the second, done with Chicken, “Stir-Fry Ginger/Scallion Chicken” (click for recipe). Needless to say, this is also one of those Chinese dishes that every household have their own version with a little tweak tat makes it unique. Here’s The Viand’s version of, “Stir-Fry Ginger/Scallion Pork Slices“.
- Pork Tenderloin – thinly sliced. Here The VianD use a mixture of Pork belly and Tenderloin.
- Lots of sliced Ginger and Scallion (cut to 1bt 2-inches long). Sliced Chilli – more for color.
And a little Cornstarch mixture as thickening agent (if U want).
- Light soy, Oyster sauce, Sugar, Salt, white Pepper. A touch of Sesame oil, Shaoxing wine and Dark soy, just for coloring. All to taste.
** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice/sauce – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Saute sliced Ginger and some chopped garlic till aromatic.
- Step 2 : Add the Pork and saute on high heat, mix well till the Pork turn whitish.
- Step 3 : Add water just abt half covering the Pork. Bring to boil, turn heat to medium and let it simmer a little while, till sauce slightly thicken.
- Step 4 : Add the Seasoning Ingredient and the rest of the Side Ingredients. If U want, U can add a little of the Cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce. Plate and serve hot with plain rice.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved