Ready : 3 hr 30 mins [Prep : 15 mins † Cooking : 3 hrs 15 mins † Not Including Of Marinating Time]
Serve : 4 with other dishes (or serve it as an Entrée)
Generic : Slow-cooker braise/Grill
Level : Moderately Easy
Idle : About 3 hrs Printable Recipe.
“Tender Aromatic Coke Flavored Ribs”
This is basically BBQ Ribs flavored with a standard can of classic Coca~Cola. Instead of all the other usual of spices (sauce), U would use to marinate the Ribs, the main flavoring ingredient is just a can of ur plain old Coke. Really, tat’s about all u need, along with some Salt and Black pepper. Here’s The VianD’s version of “Coca~Cola BBQ Ribs“.
- Pork Ribs, trimmed of excess fat and back-membrane – cut to three sticks per rack.
- A can of regular size classic coke.
- Salt. Sugar, Black Pepper, Gula Melaka, Honey, Garlic powder and finely chopped Ginger. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by dry-rub some Salt and Black pepper on the Ribs. Let it sit for an hr or so.
Mix all the Marinating Ingredients and a can of Coke together, making sure everything is dissolved. Marinate the Ribs overnight.
- Step 2 : This step is introduced by The VianD to ensure, soft tender juicy meat without worrying about dryness or burning the Ribs – as U tend to get by simply grilling the Ribs. Place the Ribs into a Slow-cooker, Bone side down – with all the Marinating Sauce. Set to High-heat and let it braise for 3 hrs. Flip and turn the Ribs occasionally.
- Step 3 : After abt 3 hrs of braising, gently transform the Ribs out to a rack and let it sit for abt 15 mins (air-dry). Meanwhile, sieve the remaining sauce. Render it down – to a kind of thick syrupy sauce. Set aside.
Brush the Ribs with the rendered down the sauce. With a tray to catch any dripping oil/sauce, place the Ribs into a preheated Oven at 180C for abt 5-10 mins or till the preference of degree of charred Ribs. Brush the Ribs with the sauce a few times, this will give U that caramelized shiny coating.
- Step 4 : When the Ribs are done, let it sit for 15-mins. U can serve as it is or slice to individual stick. Ur Coke flavored “Coca~Cola BBQ Ribs” is ready to be served.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved