“Distinctive Aromatic Pork Belly”
This is really one of the humble home-cooked dishes that brings back childhood memories. A simple and economical dish but absolute favorites among the Chinese. The two key ingredients is a good piece of perfectly balance of lean-fat Pork belly – if too lean, the texture will be a little rough; and good quality Salted fish – “Mui Heong” will be perfect. Like many other Chinese dishes, there is countless versions out there – mostly minced Pork, mix with the Salted fish or having a piece of Salted fish on top. However, this version uses thin Pork belly slices instead of minced (for better texture) and the same with the Salted fish, thinly slices. Take a look at this. Here’s The Viand’s version of “Steamed Salted Fish Pork Belly Slices“.
- Mixture of thinly sliced Pork Belly and lean Pork (Pork Belly alone could be too much fat – preference)
- Thinly sliced Salted Fish.
- Lots of Ginger strips.
- Light soy, Oyster sauce, Sugar, Salt, white Pepper. A touch of Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. A tiny bit of Cornstarch. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by marinating the sliced Pork with all the Seasoning Ingredients – for at least a couple of hrs.
- Step 2 : Arrange the sliced Salted Fish in a slightly deepen plate (to accommodate the sauce). Lay the Pork on top evenly, making sure the all the sliced Salted Fish are cover. Steam for abt 15-20 mins – depending on the heat and thickness of the pork slices. Drizzle a little water over if U fancy more sauce. ** Hint : The sauce with plain white rice is heavenly !! Ha..ha.. **
- Step 3 : Viola ! Garnish and ur plate of aromatic delicious plate of “Steamed Salted Fish Pork Belly Slices” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved