Ready : 30 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 20 mins]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : PanFry
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Omelette Or Pizza ?”
Is this an Omelette or is this a Pizza ?? LoL.., Ur call! Well, it resembles a pizza but without the Pizza dough, instead the base is an Egg omelet. Yap, simple and easy to prepare. This recipe gives the pizza a new twist and as it’s prepared in a non-stick frying pan. The topping, pretty much anything U fancy and since The VianD does not have much of the traditional Pizza’s topping, it was kept to a bare minimum and even introduced some not so conventional topping *smile*. Furthermore, this was never a planned or think-thru recipe, The VianD simply built it as the cooking process goes along- so, bear with it. LoL.. See if U like it. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Pizza Omelette (Top with Croutons and Caramelized Onion/Garlic)“.
- 4-6 large Eggs. 1-2 tablespoon of normal Flour.
Lots of finely chopped Scallion and Parsley.
- Stale bread – cube to abt 1cm.
Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Sausages – all thinly slice.
- Salt, coarsely grounded Black pepper. A dash of Sesame oil and Oyster sauce. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by lightly sauteing all the Topping Ingredients.
With a little butter, toss the Bread-cubes to Golden-brown and crispy. Season with Salt and Black pepper. Transfer to Kitchen tissue to soak up excess oil. Set aside.
With a little butter, lightly saute the sliced Sausages till aromatic and slightly crisp. Transfer to Kitchen tissue to soak up excess oil. Set aside.
With a little butter, lightly saute the sliced Onion and Garlic. Not fully caramelized but just enough to soften them and heighten their flavors. Season with Salt and Black pepper. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Lightly whisk the Eggs with the slice Scallion and Parsley. Add 1-2 tablespoon of Flour, just to add some body to the Eggs – this will decide the consistency/hardness of the Eggs, ur preference. Season with Salt and Black pepper. Optional – a dash of Sesame oil and Oyster sauce. Mix thoroughly, make sure no lumps.
With a little butter, pour the Eggs mixture into a non-stick Pan (a 6-inch Pan would be perfect – this kinda will define the thickness of ur crust). Quickly swirl the mixture around the pan, to evenly fill the Pan. When the bottom is slightly formed, pull the mixture away from sides, using the spatula, and tip to let the uncooked eggs slip underneath, to ensure even cooking.
When the top is nearly set, add all the pre-prepared toppings. Spread and lay them evenly. Season with Salt and Black pepper. Now, at this juncture, it would be perfect to sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on top and pop the Pan into an oven for a couple mins. But, since the VianD does not have any cheese (the melted cheese will hold everything together) and the Pan used is not oven-proof, The Viand simply let it sit on the stove on very low heat to allow the Eggs to cook thru. Depending on the heat and the thickness of the Eggs, U might get a little burned bottom..LoL. Oooo, let it sit for abt 3-5 mins. And btw, U really do not need that much Croutons and Sausages, it’s kinda over-killed here!!!
- Step 3 : When it’s done, take off the heat and let it set for abt 10-15 mins b4 cutting and plating. Viola !.., Ur simple aromatic delicious “Pizza Omelette (Top with Croutons and Caramelized Onion/Garlic)” is ready to be served.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved