Ready : 25 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 15 mins]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : DeepFry/Braise
Level : Easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Just Another Version of Fish/Tofu Dish”
Braised Fish With Fried Tofu Cutlets (Threadfin/Ma Yau) is simply another version of Fish/Tofu dish. Instead of using a whole Threadfin, this version simply uses the bigger slice version, further sub-divided into four beautiful pieces of fish cutlets thus without the bone. Here’s The Viand’s version of “Braised Fish With Fried Tofu Cutlets (Threadfin/Ma Yau)”
- Threadfin slices – sub-divided into four, getting rid of the bone in the middle. Marinated the fish with Salt, Black Pepper (all to taste) and a little of Corn Flour.
- Sliced Ginger, Onion, red Chilli, Scallion, red Carrot (not in pict.) and Parsley/Coriander.
Fried-tofu stick. U can use any kind of firm Tofu, preferably the pre-fried ones.
- Oyster Sauce (U do need a little more since this is the main flavor), Sesame Oil, White pepper, Shaoxing wine and a little Cornstarch mixture as thickening agent. All to taste. *** Note : Just dash of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice/sauce – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by marinating the fish with Salt, Black Pepper (all to taste) and a little of Corn Flour.
- Step 2 : Deep-fry the Fish till Golden-brown – abt 4-5 mins. Transfer out to drain off excess oil. Set both aside.
This can be done in advance.
- Step 3 : Saute the sliced Ginger, Onion, red Carrot and chopped Garlic till aromatic. Add a little water and bring to boil (this will ur gravy).
- Step 4 : Turn heat to medium, add fish (mix well), simmer a while then add the Tofu (mix well). Turn the heat back up, bring to boil. Turn heat to low, simmer till sauce slightly thicken/or add the Cornstarch mixture – for abt 5 mins. Add the Scallion, Parsley and Chilli. Add all the Seasoning Ingredients. Give a few quick stir. Ur plate of delicious “Braised Fish With Fried Tofu Cutlets (Threadfin/Ma Yau)” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved