Ready : 15 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 10 mins † Not Inclusive Of Marinating Time]
Serve : 4 with other dishes
Generic : Deep/Stir Fry
Level : Easy
Idle : NonePrintable Recipe.
“Crispy Pork Belly Glazed in Spicy Flavorful Sauce”
This is a very popular pork dish at the Bukit Tinggi, Pahang area – well, at least on the way up to Genting Highland. Restaurants along the way will without fail, recommend this dish if U ever stop for a quick meal. Simple crispy deep-fried Pork belly slices and stir-fry in a Spicy Sweet sauce. Essentially, this is a dry dish with the sauce just coating the Pork slices but the version presented here has a little more sauce simply because the kids love the sauce – go great with plain rice. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Crispy Pork Belly Slices with Sweet Spicy Sauce“.
- Thinly sliced Pork-belly – marinated with Oyster Sauce, Light Soy, Sesame oil, a dash of Shaoxing wine, Salt, Sugar and a tiny bit of CornStarch.
- Sliced red Chilli and Ginger. Onion – cut into Triangular. Scallion and Parsley – both cut to abt 2-inches long. Dried Chilli – de-seed.
- Salt, Sugar, white pepper, Oyster sauce, Sesame oil, Dark Soy and a dash of Shaoxing wine, Hoisin sauce and Rice Vinegar. Cornstarch as a thickening agent. All to taste. Mix thoroughly with a small amount of water. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by thinly slice the Pork-belly and then marinate for at least a couple of hrs. Make sure the Pork-belly are at room temperature (out of the Fridge for at least an hr) b4 deep-frying. Heat up a pot oil until smoking hot. Turn heat down to medium and gently put the pork slices in – loosen up the pork into pieces, U don’t want cluster block of pork slices. Deep-fry till golden brown and crispy – abt 3-5 mins, depending on the thickness of the slices and the heat. Transfer out to drain off excess oil. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Meanwhile, saute some chopped Garlic with all the Side Ingredients (except sliced Chilli, Scallion and Parsley) till aromatic. Add in the Sauce on medium heat, bring to boil till sauce thicken. Add the deep-fried Pork slices and the rest of the Side Ingredients, crank-up the heat, give it a few stirs, making sure everything are coated with the sauce. Viola, ur plate of “Crispy Pork Belly Slices with Sweet Spicy Sauce” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved