Ready : 15 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 10 mins]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : PanFry
Level : More Than Easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Delicious Healthy Pancakes”
This version of savory “Chinese Scallion Pancakes” is a little different from what U’ll ordinary get from outside; which are unleavened flatbreads (made from dough) folded with oil and minced scallions. Instead of dough-flatbread, this version is made from flour batter. Kinnda like Korean Pancakes. However, The VianD will not call this Korean Pancakes simply because, this batter-pancakes has been a features of the family for as long as The VianD can remember (b4 even The Viand know of a country call Korea..LoL). So, there U go… Here’s The Viand’s take on “Savory Chinese Scallion Pancakes“.
- Fillings – Frankly, U can put anything U fancy. Coarsely chopped Dried shrimps and Parsley, diced Fish cakes and French Beans, Lots of Scallion cut to abt 2-inches long. Sliced Onion. Shredded Red Carrots and Potatoes (both soak in salt water to stop darkening, simply squeeze them dry when ready to saute).
- Batter – Eggs, Self-raising Flour/Normal flour and water.
- Salt, Sugar, white pepper, a touch of Oyster sauce and a dash of Sesame oil. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by sauteing the Dried shrimps till aromatic. Then add all the Fillings Ingredients except sliced Chilli, Scallion and Parsley. Saute till aromatic – abt 3-5 mins. Keep aside.
- Step 2 : With a large bowl, beat the Eggs. Gradually add Flour and water to mix into a thin smooth batter. Add all the Seasoning Ingredients. Then add all the sautéed Filling Ingredients together with the sliced Scallion, Chilli and Parsley, mix well.
- Step 3 : Heat up some oil in a non-stick Pan. Scope desired amount of the Batter into the Pan and spread it into a round shape. If U prefer thinner, spread it more. Let it sit for abt 3-5 mins in low-medium heat. When the Batter firmed-up, flip it over and let it sit for another 3-5 mins – shades of Golden brown. Viola, ur savory “Chinese Scallion Pancakes” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved