Ready : 20 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 15 mins]
Serve : 3 with other dishes
Generic : Boil
Level : More than easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Delicious Simple Healthy Soup”
Cultivated in China for centuries, BokChoy has played a large part not only in its cuisine, but also in traditional Chinese medicine (contain a wealth of vitamins C, A, and K, and excellent sources of Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Manganese, and Iron). Today, it’s a staple in both Asian and American recipes. BokChoy is a type of Cruciferous vegetable in which the leaves of the plant do not form a head. For this reason, it is often referred as “non-heading” and sometimes called “non-heading Chinese cabbage” or as “white cabbage” or “white-stem cabbage”. There are many version of these Greens and this is the miniature version which is often referred as “Baby BokChoy. The usual way of preparing these Greens are “stir-fry or steam” but here’s The Viand’s soup recipe – “Simple Sweet Baby BokChoy Soup“.
- Baby BokChoy – halved or quartered into smaller pieces if too large. Wash and rinse thoroughly, could be sandy.
- Side condiments; just to add some flavors to this simple soup – slices lean Pork and Fish Cakes. Frankly, U can use any protein U fancy, such as lean chicken slices or even fish balls.
- Few slices of Ginger and some Tung Choy (Chinese preserved Vegetables) – washed and rinsed.
- Salt, Sugar, white pepper, a touch of Oyster sauce and a dash of Sesame oil. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by sauteing some chopped Garlic and the sliced Ginger till aromatic. Add in the Pork slices and saute till color turned whitish. Add the Fish Cake slices and saute for another minute or so.
- Step 2 : Add water – measured by the number and size of the soup bowl tat U’ll be serving in. Bring to boil, add the BokChoy and TungChoy, give it a stir and bring to boil again. Turn down the heat and simmer for abt 10-15 mins (depending on how soft U want the BokChoy. DO NOT over-boiled, U DO NOT want yellowish BokChoy – it should still be slightly greenish with a little crunchy steam. Add all the Seasoning Ingredients and ur pot of “Simple Sweet Baby BokChoy Soup” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved