Ready : 10 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 5 mins]
Serve : 1 set/pax
Generic : PanFry
Level : Easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Delicious Quick and Easy Omelette”
An Omelette or Omelet is a dish simply made from beaten eggs gently saute with butter or oil in a pan (without stirring as in scrambled egg). A more luxurious variation would have the Omelette folded-in with filling such as cheese, chives, vegetables, mushroom, meat (often ham or bacon) or some combination of the above. To obtain a fluffy creamy texture, the eggs or sometimes only egg whites are beaten with a small amount of milk or cream, or even water. Here’s The VianD’s version of the classic simple but delicious “Cheesy Ham Omelette“.
- Two Eggs – beaten with two Tablespoon/or so of fresh Milk(or water), finely chopped Parsley and Scallion. Seasoned with a pinch Salt and Black Pepper.
- A small knob of Butter.
- Lightly sauteed cubed Ham and Onion (optional, U don’t need to saute). Cubed Tomatoes (de-seed).
- A small handful of grated Cheddar cheese.
- Salt and Black pepper. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by adding a small knob of butter into a hot Pan (on medium/low heat). When the butter has melted and is bubbling, swirl the Pan to get it fully and evenly oiled. Add your eggs. Again, swirl and move the pan around to spread them out evenly. When the omelet begins to slightly set and firm, push/lift the cooked edges toward the center, letting the uncooked portion to flow underneath. Continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed until a little raw egg left on the top surface.
- Step 2 : Sprinkle over the cheese, sauteed Ham and Onion and Tomatoes on one side of the Egg. Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelet, then fold it over in half (press and hold it a sec or two). When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelet onto a plate. Viola, ur simple but delicious “Cheesy Ham Omelette” is ready to be served immediately.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved