Ready : 30 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 20 mins † Not Inclusive of Chilling Time]
Serve : 1-2 set/pax
Generic : Grill/Boil/Toss/Assemble
Level : Easy
Idle : 10-15 mins (On boiling)Printable Recipe.
“Delicious Gooey Sandwiches Stuffed With Bacon, Spam and Cheese”
Inspired by the classic “Grilled Bacon Ham And Cheese Sandwich”, comes the “Grilled Bacon Spam And Cheese Sandwich“. Why SPAM (SPAM is a brand name for a canned meat product containing ham and pork), U asked ?? Well.., simply because The VianD does not have any Ham.. LoL. Turns out, SPAM is a great substitution! In fact, this is a “make-do” recipe – making use of whatever suitable Ingredients that are available. *smile* Try this and U might just be delightfully surprised by the result. Btw, there’s just something about a grilled cheese sandwich that is totally comforting. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Grilled Bacon Spam And Cheese Sandwich (with Egg Potato Salad)”.
- Sandwich – 8 slices of Bread (these are normal Gardenia bread, Sourdough bread will be much better). Properly and generously spread with Butter.
- 6 slices of Bacon (halved) and thinly sliced SPAM (U can use thinly sliced Ham).
- A bunch of Parsley and Scallion.
- Handful of graded Cheddar cheese (or any hard cheese). Optional – 4 slices of Kraft cheese (or any kind).
- Potato Salad – 1 medium-large cooked Potato (peeled). 1 hard-boiled Egg. Both cut into small bite size or to ur preference.
- Mayonnaise – a table spoonful or two (ur preference). Maybe a touch of Dijon mustard.
- Lots of finely chopped Parsley, finely sliced Scallion and a handful of finely chopped Shallot.
- Optional – A pinch of Paprika and a touch fresh Lemon juice.
- Salt, Black Pepper and Honey. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Potato Salad – Start by boiling both the Egg and Potato (season the water with Salt). Set aside to cool. Cut to desired size. Gently mix/toss all the Potato salad Ingredients in a large bowl. Season with Salt, Black pepper, Paprika and Lemon juice. Cover and chill for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Step 2 : Sandwich – Start by sauteing the Bacon till desired crispness. Transfer to Kitchen towel to drain excess oil. With the same pan, lightly saute the sliced SPAM. Glace with touch of Honey (just to balance out the saltines). Set aside.
- Step 3 : Assembling the Sandwich – Using a clean non-stick Pan, heat it up on medium/low heat. Place the Bread (buttered side down). Add sliced cheese. Arrange Bacon and SPAM on top. Add graded cheese. Add a leave or two of Parsley (or any leafy Greens). By now, ur Bread should be be nicely grilled on the under-side. Cover with another slice of Bread (this time, buttered side up). Flip over and press/hold the Sandwich a little with a spatula or something, just to help everything bind together. Let it grill for a min or two, or until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden and toasty. Viola, ur gooey “Grilled Bacon Spam And Cheese Sandwich” is done!!! Cut the Sandwich diagonally (or any way U fancy) or serve full. Plate with a large scoopful of “Potato Salad” and serve immediately!
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved