Ready : 20 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 10 mins † Not Inclusive of Soaking Time]
Serve : Individual Serving
Generic : Light Braise
Level : Easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Simple But A Divine Plate of Rice Vermicelli”
This is totally overdone (too much water) with soggy Vermicelli. *LoL* Well, it’s The VianD’s first attempt. However, it tasted great just the same! So, if U ever try cooking this dish, simply start with a small amount of water and adjust accordingly because different brand of Rice Vermicelli has a different level of water absorbency.
This simple flavorful Rice Vermicelli dish is kinda of a lost treasure among the food vendors. For some reason, it has almost completely disappeared from most Menu – really quite surprisingly because it is such a simple dish to prepare. The unique flavor of the Canned Stewed Ribs is what really makes the dish delicious. As the Vermicelli softens by the simmering process, all the sauce of the Stewed Ribs will be absorbed, producing a most aromatic flavorful dish. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Fried Bee Hoon (Rice Vermicelli) with Canned Stewed Pork Ribs“.
- Rice Vermicelli, soak in water for abt 10-15 mins (get the thicker type). Remember, U still need to simmer else U’ll get soggy Vermicelli like wat was presented here!!! *LoL*
- 1 can of Stewed Pork Ribs (its printed as Pork Chops on the Can, no freaking idea why *LoL*). U can also use Stewed Pork Trotter (printed as simply Pork, go figure *LoL*).
- Chinese Cabbage or any Greens. Sliced Onion, Red Carrot, Red Chili, Parsley and Ginger. Finely chopped Garlic.
- Salt, Sugar, White pepper, Oyster sauce and a touch of Sesame oil. A dash of Dark soy for coloring. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by sauteing sliced Onion, Ginger and chopped Garlic till aromatic. Add the Stem of the Greens and saute a little more, as they take longer to cook. Add water and bring to boil – don’t make the mistake of adding too much (like The VianD did), U can always add more along the way if necessary.
- Step 2 : Add Rice Vermicelli and the rest of Greens. Let it simmer a little and then add the Stewed Ribs (using the spatula to break the meat down into smaller pieces) and bring to boil. Turn down the heat and add all Seasoning Ingredients. Simmer till Vermicelli softens to desired preference (if too dry add water). Viola, ur plate of “Fried Bee Hoon (Rice Vermicelli) with Canned Stewed Pork Ribs” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved