Ready : 20 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 15 mins]
Serve : 1 block of Tofu for 4 with other dishes
Generic : Steam/Saute
Level : More than easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Simple High Protein Delicious Silken Tofu”
This is really a very simple dish that goes extremely well with hot plain rice, plus it is super fast to prepare too. The silky smooth plain tofu is first steamed and then topped with a savory fragrant topping of fried shallots oil and sautéed minced pork. Btw, this dish taste just as good without the minced meat; ie – just with fried shallots oil. Depending on the texture, there are a several varieties of Tofu out there. The one that we are looking for is the plain soft silky smooth version – often, refer to “Sui Tofu” (literally translate as “Water Tofu) by the Cantonese. The rather bland tasting tofu serve as a perfect backdrop for the savory meat toppings that gives a good contrast in texture and flavors. Here’s is The Viand’s take on “Steamed Tofu – Bean Curd (Top with Shallot Oil and Minced Pork)“.
- Soft white plain Tofu or “Sui Tofu“, in Cantonese. Not the Japanese Egg Tofu.
- Finely chopped Pork and lots of Scallion and Parsley for garnishing. Lots of sliced Shallot and finely chopped Garlic.
- Salt, Sugar, White Pepper, Light Soy and Dark Soy for coloring. A touch of Sesame oil and Oyster sauce. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by heating up a generous amount of oil and sauté sliced shallots until fragrant golden brown. Set aside. With the same Wok, sauté the chopped Garlic till aromatic and add in the Pork, breaking it up with the Spatula. Add a little water and continue to saute till pork cook (turn white), add all the Seasoning Ingredients, continue to saute till sauce thinken. Set aside.
- Step 2 : Steam tofu at high heat for abt 5 mins – any longer, U’ll get a firmer texture Tofu. Remove from steamer, pour away excess water (slice into bite size by running a sharp knife over it, if U want). Pour Shallots oil and Pork over. Add a generous amount of good quality Light soy. Garnish and ur plate of simple high protein silken “Steamed Tofu – Bean Curd (Top with Shallot Oil and Minced Pork)” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved