Ready : 40 mins [Prep : 10 mins † Cooking : 30 mins]
Serve : 3 with other dishes
Generic : Steam
Level : More than easy
Idle : 30 mins Printable Recipe.
“Explosive Flavorful Aromatic Oil”
Traditionally, “Ginger/Garlic/Scallion Oil” – an aromatic flavourful condiment is use to heighten the flavors of a humble plate of plain poached chicken. It’s a beautiful combination, hitting ur palate with all kinds of wicked flavors; then allowing the chicken’s subtler essence to gently shine through as you chew. Presented here, cannot be any more different from the traditional dish – the Chicken is not poached but steamed and with a little added flavor too. See if U like this. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Ginger/Garlic/Scallion Oil Steamed Chicken“.
- Washed and trimmed off excess fat boneless Chicken Thighs – sliced to bite size.
- Lots of finely minced Ginger and Garlic (or U can pound/blend them). Lots of sliced Scallion.
- Salt, Sugar, white pepper, a touch of Oyster sauce and a dash of Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. A pinch of Corn-starch. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by marinating the Seasoning Ingredients for at least an hr, longer for better flavors. Set aside. When ready to steam, lay the Chicken even on a slightly deepen plate (cos plenty of juice will be produced during the steaming). Steam for abt 30-mins depending in the heat and the size of the Chicken.
- Step 2 : Meanwhile, add a generous amount of Salt to the Ginger/Garlic/Scallion pesto and mix well. Add the Salt just before U add the boiling oil else, the Salt will draw water out of the mixture (U do not want that). Bring a generous of oil to smoking hot. When the oil is ready, and with a deep heat-resistance bowl, pour the smoking hot oil over the pesto. Be careful, it will sizzle and bubble but it’s going to smell awesome. Drizzle a few drops of Sesame oil, give it a few stir just to mix everything up and let them sit for a while to allow all flavors to diffuse into the oil.
- Step 2 : When the Chicken is ready, pour the mixture over the Chicken and ur plate of aromatic flavorful “Steamed Chicken With Ginger/Garlic/Scallion Oil” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved