Ready : 15 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 10 mins]
Serve : 3 with other dishes
Generic : DeepFry/Saute
Level : More than easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Crispy Fish With Aromatic Flavorful Sauce”
Could this be dubbed as the “Chinese Fish & Chips, without the Chips” ??? LoL Watever U wanna called this, it simply deep-fried fish fillets with Salted black beans sauce (Si Chup), which makes it unmistakably Chinese. Crispy on the outside, moist/juicy/flaky on the inside and then delicately glazed with the Black bean sauce, this fish dish is absolutely delicious and a good way to add flavors to the rather bland tasting fish. Btw, U can easily do this with a whole fish and it will taste just as good. Here’s The Viand’s take on “Deep-Fried Fish Fillets with Salted Black-Beans Sauce“.
- This is the frozen brand of Fish fillets that The VianD opted for. While U can do this from fresh fillets and should taste better (if U do them properly) but The VianD finds this frozen brand pretty good, without the mess.
- Coarsely chopped soaked Salted Black-Beans (for abt 10-15 mins). Finely chopped Garlic, Ginger, and Red Chili (Optional : Onion). Finely sliced Scallion.
- Light soy, Sugar, white pepper, a touch of Oyster sauce and a dash of Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. Optional – A pinch of Cornstarch as thickening agent. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Make sure the Fillets are defrosted to room temperature before deep-frying (out of Fridge for at least an hr). Heat up a pot of oil to smoking hot, turn down to medium/low and gently lower piece by piece of the Fillet and fry till Golden brown (abt. 3-5 mins, depending on the heat and size of the Fillets). DO NOT overcrowd, do in batches if U must. Dish out to drain excess oil. Set aside. ** Sorry, no pict. LoL
- Step 2 : Sauté all the Side Ingredients (minus the Scallion) on medium/low heat till aromatic. Add some water (this will be ur sauce), bring to boil. Turn down heat and add all Seasoning Ingredients. Give it a few good stir, making sure everything is blended in. Turn up the heat and bring to boil again. Turn off heat, add the Scallion.
- Step 3 : Pour the sauce over the fried Fillets and viola, ur plate of “Deep-Fried Fish Fillets with Salted Black-Beans Sauce” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved