Ready : 20 mins [Prep : 5 mins † Cooking : 15 mins]
Serve : 3 with other dishes
Generic : Saute/Simmer
Level : Easy
Idle : None Printable Recipe.
“Delightful Gingery Chicken”
A quick Google Image search of “Braised Ginger Chicken” revealed hundreds of images of this dish but.., The VianD was utterly surprised that none of them even came close to looking like what is being introduce here. In fact, the closest resemblance, turned out to be a popular dish from Taiwan – ‘Three Cup Chicken‘ – (click for recipe). In any case, this humble Chicken dish is an absolutely favorites among the Chinese households (well, at least at The VianD household…LoL), bcos – not only it is delicious but also really simple to cook with limited Ingredients. A minuscule splash of Sesame oil and Shoaxing wine just before plating, simply generates a divine mouth-watering aroma. (*?* Wonders why it took so long for The VianD to share this dish *?*) Here’s The Viand’s take on “Braised Ginger Chicken“.
- 2 full Chicken Thighs – cut to bite size.
- Lots of sliced Ginger, slightly smashed Garlic and Shallot. Scallion cut to abt 2-inchs long.
- Salt, Sugar, White pepper, Oyster sauce, Light soy, Dark soy, Sesame oil and Shaoxing wine. A little Corn-starch mixture as thickening agent. All to taste. ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice – no rocket scientific measurement here. Always taste your Seasoning !!!
- Step 1 : Start by sautéing all the Side Ingredients except Scallion till aromatic and slightly browned. Add the Chicken and let them sit a little to kinda get seared on each side before stirring, making sure everything is mix well.
- Step 2 : Add Dark soy and again mix well and let sauté a little till oil starts to render. Add water, just abt cover the Chicken, bring to boil and then turn heat to low, cover and simmer for abt 15 mins (depending on the heat and the size of the chicken)or till ur preference of the Chicken texture. If too watery, turn up the heat to render down to the amount of ur preference amount of sauce. Add all the Seasoning Ingredients plus the Scallion. Give it a quick good stir to combine everything and viola, ur plate of gingery “Braised Ginger Chicken” is ready to be served hot.
Copyright © 2014 The VianD · All Rights Reserved