- 8 individual sticks Pork Spare Ribs – trimmed off excess fat and back-membrane, cut to about 3 inches long. Get the meatier ones.
- All-important Nam Yue – 1 1/2 cube, add more if U prefer a stronger flavor. Finely chopped Garlic and Ginger.
- And a little Corn Flour, it provides a thin layer of crunchy coating. Plus it helps to preserve the tenderness and succulent of The Ribs meat.
- Light Soy, Sugar, White Pepper, a dash of Sesame oil, Shaoxing wine and Dark Soy (for coloring). All to taste.
- ** Note : Just dash/pinch of everything, if U prefer a stronger intensity of an ingredient flavor, simply add a little extra of that ingredient/spice (no rocket scientific measurement here). Always taste your Seasoning !!!
Start by marinating the Ribs with all the Marinating Ingredients – for at least a couple of hrs or better still overnight.
The VianD is using a Convection Over, normal conventional Oven is fine. Preheat the Oven at 200°C. Make sure the Ribs are at room temperature. Arrange the Ribs on a rack and bake for 10-15 minutes each side – depending on the size of the Ribs and Oven heat. Make sure U have a plate/rack to catch the dripping oil. Occasionally, brush the Ribs with the leftover Marinating sauce. This will help intensify the flavors and build a kinda glossy layer over the Ribs.
Lastly, let the Ribs rest for abt 10-mins before serving. Plate, garnish and viola, ur plate of delicious flavorful pungent aromatic “Baked Nam Yue Spare Ribs (南乳排骨)” is ready to be served warm.